- One empty toilet paper roll per child
- A few markers, crayons, or paints
- Tape, glue, or stapler
- Tin foil
- Magazine cutouts, like you’d use for a collage
- Wrapping paper
- Show them how to measure the paper to cover the whole tube.
- For younger children, cut the paper to the right size for them.
- Have the supplies out for them–that’s it.
- The kids glue, tape, or staple their paper so it covers the tube.
- They decorate it (I’d encourage a lot of decoration).
- If you have a few scraps of tin foil, they might like gluing them on to make some sparkles.
- Then they can cut a strip for the handle–long or short–and attach it. Staples or tape works best for this.
- They can hang the lantern up or use it to go exploring.