- Box or oatmeal container from your recycling, one per child
- Paint, brush, water cup
- If you use a pasta box or something else that has a little see-through window in it, it kinda adds to the robot verisimilitude.
- Washi tape
- Ripped out magazine pages
Find a place where it’s okay if a little water or paint spills.
- They paint their box to their heart’s content.
- While the paint is drying, you can cut four thin (1/2″) strips from a magazine page.
- Show them how to use the folding technique you used to use for straw wrappers in restaurants when you were a kid.
- Secure both ends of the paper creations with a dab of glue.
- These can become boppers, antennae, or arms.