- Four small cups, bowls, or plates
- A bunch of loose change
- If your child doesn’t know the coins apart yet, start the sorting for them by getting one penny, one nickel, one dime, and one quarter next to each of the four containers.
- Let them sort the coins.
- If your child is five or so, they can make a tally mark chart to keep track of how many of each coin they have.
- If your child is six or older, they can count up the value of the coins in each container and the grand total.
- They can attempt to make a tower out of each type of coin and find out which one is highest.